Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Specialty's Bakery - Cookie Hunt

Honestly, I was expecting more from Yahoo's "Best Chocolate Chip Cookies in America." The closest Specialty's to Boston is 45 minutes away, so obviously, I asked my momma to bring me a box from Specialty's in California instead (cut me some slack, she visits every other weekend. I'm running out of "things I miss from home that only mom can bring.").

The cookies were giant, but something key was missing. The crumble was excessive. I want my cookie more mushy gushy than fall apart, crumbly. Aside from being made with love, there should be something holding it together (butter, cream, fat, lard...).

Looks can be deceiving.

So all in all, the look was there, but the texture was not. You could blame it on the 3000 miles it travelled before landing on my tastebuds, but a truly good cookie will always persevere.

1 comment:

  1. I respect your opinion, but respectfully disagree. Specialty's Cookies are amazing in every respect.

    ReplyDelete